Technical Product Owner
DIGTIAL WAYS TO A CLEANER WORLD
Do you want to work for a company with Irish roots and a global impact? A leader in environmental services, AMCS is a trailblazing software company that guides and supports other businesses on their journey towards sustainability.
AMCS leads the way
The AMCS team is at the cutting edge of technology. Companies come to AMCS to achieve their sustainability strategies as we help companies to reduce their carbon footprint and work in a more environmentally conscious way. AMCS has created digital ways to a cleaner world.
What we do
AMCS is a global leader for integrated software and vehicle technology for the environmental services industry. AMCS delivers enterprise cloud-based software solutions worldwide supporting over 2,650 customers in 22 countries. AMCS employs over 700 people across 11 countries, headquartered in Ireland with offices in North America, Europe and Australia.
AMCS offers team members more than just a job, but an opportunity to map out a career with a company that is growing, evolving and setting out new ways of working that are having a positive impact on the world around us. AMCS was established in Ireland and holds onto those local roots and ‘start-up’ mentality with a culture of connection. Connection to our work, our customers, our colleagues and our community that creates a working environment that fosters openness, collaboration and creativity.
Role Location: Office based or remote depending on location
The infrastructure team (Team-N) is responsible for the Development Tooling, Infrastructure, and Feature Enablement technologies used by AMCS.
Development Tooling increases proficiencies, quality, and efficiencies within our development team at an enterprise level. Infrastructure provides a solid framework for the Platform to operate securely and provides essential functionality, such as security, storage, and customer management tools. Feature Enablement offers a series of functional tools and reusable templates to consistently and repeatably enable teams to produce feature-rich functionality for the Platform. Examples of these tools include the Extensibility Framework for Workflow, Plug-Ins, and User Defined Fields.
The Technical Product Owner (TPO) for the Infrastructure team owns a specialized backlog that impacts every other team for the Platform. The TPO is responsible for developing and prioritizing this core backlog and the adoption and training of the output from Team-N throughout all teams.
The Technical Product Owner will be responsible for all aspects of Team-N’s release management life cycle, including developing user stories, grooming, managing backlog, developing and delivering release documentation, and communicating with stakeholders in development teams and the leadership organization. The Technical Product Owner will own the relationship with the development team sprint manager, team-lead, and cooperatively manage priorities and resolve conflicts between delays, technical difficulties, and committed features and release dates. The expectation is that the Technical Product Owner will be a solid technical lead, become knowledgeable at a product level, and be responsible for decision-making on bug triage and change request prioritization.
In this role, you will:
· Take responsibility for the product release process
· Collaborate with architecture teams, development team members, product managers, professional development services, and other designated resources for requirements gathering and setting priority within the backlog
· Work closely with the development organization in an agile framework throughout the design, testing, and product release to deliver tools and infrastructure
· Develop training and adoption material for other teams to leverage delivered components
· Take responsibility for ongoing communication with stakeholders regarding release components, roadmap, and future expectations
· Manage education and adoption process of new releases with internal development teams
· Participate in industry and partner user conferences where applicable to remain current on technology and industry trends
· Set and drive goals for new release performance and quality tools.
About you, you will have:
· A bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Computer engineering, or another related field
· 5+ years relevant industry experience working with agile development methodology with particular expertise in similar product management or product owner role
· Demonstrate expertise with Azure DevOps, Visual Studios, Schematic, Designing, and similar industry-standard Agile and Development tools
· Demonstrates expertise with Microsoft Office products: Word, Excel, Power BI, and SharePoint
· Demonstrate knowledge of strategic planning techniques and with data analysis and reporting tools
· Experience in SaaS offerings
· Excellent communication skills, both written, verbal, and presentation
· Excellent analytical and organizational skills
· A proven ability to work effectively with both technical and business-oriented teams
· Proven team player who contributes to a positive team environment
· Experience in project management and delivery to financial goals