Key Account Manager
DIGTIAL WAYS TO A CLEANER WORLD
Do you want to work for a company with Irish roots and a global impact? A leader in environmental services, AMCS is a trailblazing software company that guides and supports other businesses on their journey towards sustainability.
AMCS leads the way
The AMCS team is at the cutting edge of technology. Companies come to AMCS to achieve their sustainability strategies as we help companies to reduce their carbon footprint and work in a more environmentally conscious way. AMCS has created digital ways to a cleaner world.
What we do
AMCS is a global leader for integrated software and vehicle technology for the environmental services industry. AMCS delivers enterprise cloud-based software solutions worldwide supporting over 2,650 customers in 22 countries. AMCS employs over 700 people across 11 countries, headquartered in Ireland with offices in North America, Europe and Australia.
AMCS offers team members more than just a job, but an opportunity to map out a career with a company that is growing, evolving and setting out new ways of working that are having a positive impact on the world around us. AMCS was established in Ireland and holds onto those local roots and ‘start-up’ mentality with a culture of connection. Connection to our work, our customers, our colleagues and our community that creates a working environment that fosters openness, collaboration and creativity.
Key Account Manager
To support the continued growth of the business, we currently have a requirement for a Key Account Manager for our Enterprise customers in the ANZ region.
The Key Account Manager will:
- Serve as the primary point-of-contact for key AMCS enterprise customers in Australia & New Zealand
- Proactively work directly with medium to large enterprise business customers, interacting with various levels of management ranging from Directors to C-level executives
- Work closely with the key New Zealand customer including project scope definition, risk management, adaptable project scheduling and resource management
- Work with enterprise customers to ensure technical issues are accurately reported and communicated to project and technical teams
- Actively participate in resolution of issues and conflicts, internally as well as with clients and other vendors where appropriate.
- Partner with customers to establish clear business goals, timelines, priorities and metrics of success
- Ensure a successful on-boarding and AMCS solution rollout plan among new customers
- Develop a targeted training plan, based upon customer-specific business objectives
- Lead trainings for customer teams (webinar and in-person), highlighting key AMCS features and functionality
- Partner with marketing to develop training programs and collateral to support end-user training needs, and identify customer advocates to:
- Develop a targeted adoption plan, based on opportunities to increase user adoption and engagement
- Proactively identify customer health risks, and effectively leverage internal teams to mitigate non-renewal (churn) risk
- Analyze and monitor customer data to draw insights with the goal of communicating those findings to customers in order to modify user behaviour and increase user productivity
- Partner with sales to identify renewal, expansion and up-sell opportunities in the post-sales cycle
- Act as a liaison between internal teams to ensure high-priority customer needs are being met; coordinating with sales, marketing, product, support and engineering teams to escalate high-impact customer needs
- Ability to effectively manage customer expectations and create realistic expectations
The successful candidate may be asked to undertake other duties outside of this description as assigned. The work pattern for this position may vary; the successful candidate must be flexible in working hours and capable of providing out of hours on call support e.g. in the support of system go live etc. Travel both domestic and international (Australia and New Zealand) may be 40% of the role.
- Proactive, positive, self-starter with a passion for continually improving the processes around you
- Strong commitment to ensuring customers’ business objectives are achieved
- Ability to manage ambiguity and operate effectively, even when things are not defined or the way forward is not certain – makes sound decisions, even in the absence of complete information
- Ensures accountability – holding self (and others) accountable to meet commitments
- Ability to successfully plan and prioritize work to meet objectives aligned with organizational goals
- Ability to analyse customer usage data and develop recommendations based upon data insights
- Ability to prioritize customer needs and elevate the issues that will have the most impact on customer satisfaction, retention and growth JS: value
- Adapts approach and demeanour to match the shifting demands of different situations
- Possesses a strategic mind-set – able to focus on the bigger picture and not get mired in the day-to-day details
- Ability to develop and deliver communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of the different audiences
- Ability to work in a team-based, collaborative environment
- Excellent presentation and meeting facilitation skills
- Extensive, proven experience (5 years+) in either a senior account management or project management role, delivering success for Tier 1 strategic customers realizing value from enterprise software or SaaS solutions, preferably ERP systems.
- Degree in business or IT related discipline or minimum of seven years equivalent experience of advanced IT applications
- Outstanding communication skills with everyone from end users to C-level executives
- Passionate about customer success and making life simpler with technology
- Ability to demonstrate the business benefits of a technical solution
- Understanding of complex logistics operations and how software solutions will deliver a high return on investment is a distinct advantage
- Fluent in English