Associate Software Support Engineer (Immediate Position)
AMCS GROUP - DIGITAL WAYS TO A CLEANER WORLD
Do you want to work for an Irish company with global reach? A leader in environmental services, AMCS is a trailblazing software company that guides and supports other businesses on their journey towards sustainability.
AMCS leads the way
The AMCS team is at the cutting edge of technology. Companies come to AMCS to achieve their sustainability strategies as we help companies to reduce their carbon footprint and work in a more environmentally conscious way. AMCS has created digital ways to a cleaner world.
What we do
AMCS is Ireland’s largest indigenous software company. We are a global leader for integrated software and vehicle technology for the environmental services industry. AMCS delivers enterprise cloud-based software solutions worldwide supporting over 2,650 customers in 22 countries. AMCS employs over 700 people across 11 countries, headquartered in Limerick with offices in North America, Europe and Australia.
The AMCS Way
Do you want to work for an innovative, indigenous software company headquartered in Castletroy, Co. Limerick? Do you want to work for a global company with local roots? You can work for a large global brand while choosing the type of lifestyle that you want. AMCS is unique in its location for a company of its calibre. You get the benefits of working for a cutting edge company in a location that facilitates the best quality of life. You can be part of a company located on the Wild Atlantic Way with every amenity on your doorstep including an international airport.
Do you want to work for a company that you can be proud of; that is truly making a difference to the environment every day - and helping others to do the same? AMCS fosters a culture of connection - internally with colleagues and externally with customers. With AMCS, you can carve out your own future.
Do you want to work for a company where you can map out your career path? AMCS supports our team through continuous development, and we also have a policy of promoting internal promotion. We work to nurture our team and promote from within our own talent pool.
As this is an urgent role we will only be accepting candidates based in Ireland.
- Provide customer software product support / requests for AMCS customer base and ensure that all calls/responses meet AMCS Quality standards and KPI’s.
- Support Project managers in the field for all project requirements, including specification development to customer requirements, installs, upgrades & configuration.
- As part of the Customer management & delivery team, have responsibility for SQL Server administration, data base administration, backup, replication, disaster recovery strategies.
- Prepare end user and technical user documentation for environmental products
- Attend customer sites, for installations, training, go lives & review meetings, always providing a high level of customer service.
- Analysis of software issues reported for any repeat issues with proposed solutions on how to improve product performance. Identify any training needs for customers and produce operation documents to address these issues.
- You will be involved in product improvement program, consulting to customer & monitoring of performance metrics.
Person Specification – Profile
- Degree in computer science or equivalent
- Experience in SQL server or Oracle and database administration, mobile communications software would be an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), especially with regards to providing information to clients.
- An understanding of software engineering principles and processes. Practical experience in relation to databases, Microsoft SQL server, managing hosted solution and web services.
- An interest in learning and keeping up to date in SQL server, mobile communications software, web application developments and cloud computing.
AMCS puts the power into your hands to grow your career.
At AMCS, Innovation, dedication and loyalty are our core values. It reflects in our personnel. Many employees have been with us for a long time. In such a way, we can retain the expertise and experience. We insist on a high standard of education and promote career progression with our specialized P.A.T.H professional development program for all our employees to grow with us.
Aside from our people, there are a variety of additional benefits that make AMCS a great place to work for you!
- Competitive compensation package
- 25 days of paid vacation
- P.A.T.H professional development program for every employee
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance (x4 times your annual salary)
- Health Insurance
- Inclusive, equal opportunity, and multicultural workplace
- Mental health support with Employee Assistant Programme (EAP) benefits, as we know that mental wellbeing plays a major role in both our personal and professional success. #AMCSCares
- Free parking and convenient store on-site
- Modern Architectural designed Headquarters, with direct motorway access
- Active Sports and Social and team events such as Occasion parties/ BBQ's /Paint Nights / Company Days out
- Catered Lunch/Breakfast on Mondays and Fridays.
- Interactive employee training and onboarding.
Check out our website for more information at: www.amcsgroup.com
- Connect with us on LinkedIn here - https://ie.linkedin.com/company/amcs-group