DIGTIAL WAYS TO A CLEANER WORLD
Do you want to work for an Irish company with global reach? A leader in environmental services, AMCS is a trailblazing software company that guides and supports other businesses on their journey towards sustainability.
AMCS leads the way
The AMCS team is at the cutting edge of technology. Companies come to AMCS to achieve their sustainability strategies as we help companies to reduce their carbon footprint and work in a more environmentally conscious way. AMCS has created digital ways to a cleaner world.
What we do
AMCS is Ireland’s largest indigenous software company. We are a global leader for integrated software and vehicle technology for the environmental services industry. AMCS delivers enterprise cloud-based software solutions worldwide supporting over 2,650 customers in 22 countries. AMCS employs over 700 people across 11 countries, headquartered in Limerick with offices in North America, Europe and Australia.
The AMCS Way
Do you want to work for an innovative, indigenous software company headquartered in Castletroy, Co. Limerick? Do you want to work for a global company with local roots? You can work for a large global brand while choosing the type of lifestyle that you want. AMCS is unique in its location for a company of its calibre. You get the benefits of working for a cutting edge company in a location that facilitates the best quality of life. You can be part of a company located on the Wild Atlantic Way with every amenity on your doorstep including an international airport.
Do you want to work for a company that you can be proud of; that is truly making a difference to the environment every day - and helping others to do the same? AMCS fosters a culture of connection - internally with colleagues and externally with customers. With AMCS, you can carve out your own future.
Do you want to work for a company where you can map out your career path? AMCS supports our team through continuous development, and we also have a policy of promoting internal promotion. We work to nurture our team and promote from within our own talent pool.
We have an outstanding opportunity within the Global Software Development team for a person with vision, drive, and a preference for excellence and a track record of success. The successful candidate will join our global team as a Release Manager. This role can be based our our HQ in Limerick or can be a remote working role anywhere in Ireland with occasional visits to the office.
Release Manager Responsibilities
- Partners with leadership teams in product, development, and professional services to agree release calendars that effectively service the product roadmap.
- Communicates release schedules with all platform development teams, initiating timely release scope planning.
- Partners with DevOps to enhance automation tools used to build, integrate, test, and deploy software releases to various platforms.
- Drives continuous improvement in the build/release process.
- Ensures quality assurance plan is agreed for each release, sufficient time is provided to ensure quality outcomes, and manages the execution of same.
- Manages and upholds branching strategy – working with architecture, development and DevOps to continually refine and update the policy.
- Defines ruling and automation to effectively manage branches.
- Dependency identification and management – ensures third party dependencies are identified, reviewed and upgraded on a regular cadence.
- Manages release scope; enforces scope lock, monitors and manages changes to release scope.
- Chairs regular release milestone reviews to manage delivery and uphold quality standards – ensuring release readiness is top of mind; critical defects, clean builds, production readiness work items.
- Partners with QA automation lead to ensure CI/CD objectives are prioritised.
- Tracks and publishes feature toggling and agreed release configurations aligned with product roadmap objectives.
- Conducts go/no-go reviews ensuring all production readiness indicators are met for release.
- Identifies, tracks and proactively manages cross-team dependencies for release.
Qualifications / Experience
- This is a leadership position – we need an experienced person with ideally 10+ years in a software development environment.
- Excellent communication, co-ordination, and command skills.
- Expertise in software release management and quality lifecycle.
- Experience with DevOps processes, build, test, release and deployment automation.
- Experience of agile at scale, and CI/CD best practice.
- Project Management and Change Management experience .
- Adept at building cross-functional alignment and cooperation.